White turmeric is delicious in salads adding some variety, as well as its health benefits!
- 1 medium carrot spiralized
- 3 cucumbers spiralized
- Toasted sesame seeds
Tip from Tawna: If your cucumbers are super juicy remove some of the seeds before spiralizing to ensure your salad doesn’t feel watered down
- 2 - 3 tbs soy sauce, tamari or coconut aminos
- 1/3 - 1/2 cup sesame oil, avocado oil or olive oil
- 1 tbs toasted sesame oil
- 3 tbs rice vinegar
- A squeeze of lime juice
- 2 inches grated white turmeric
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 inch ginger (optional)
- 3-ish tbs honey, maple syrup or sweetener of choice
- Sprinkle black pepper
- 1-2 tbs water to make slightly thinner if desired
- Hot peppers or hot pepper flakes (optional)
- Use a spiralizer (or peeler) to spiralize carrot & cucumbers.
- Put all dressing ingredients into a blender and pulse until thoroughly mixed and chopped into small pieces. (You can also grate the turmeric, ginger and garlic if you don’t have a blender)
- Add the rest of the salad ingredients and dressing to taste.